Skyler Faith Necklace
Gold filled cross with blue opal.
Made in the USA.
Created in collaboration with Alyson Akerman.
At 17 weeks pregnant, we were told the NIPT results showed a 91% chance our baby girl would have Down Syndrome. We asked about that 9% chance that she wouldn’t. Every ultrasound showed normal findings, I declined an amniocentesis and chose to find out at birth. She was born on Thanksgiving, extra chromosome & all. The second we laid eyes on her, the diagnosis no longer mattered. She has mended our hearts in a way we didn’t think was even possible.
Her necklace represents the Faith that we clung to in such a heartbreaking time when we thought our world had flipped upside down to only be shown the beauty of being part of “the lucky few.” We most definitely are the lucky ones!